The EFRS Nuclear Medicine Expert committee, in collaboration with the IAEA and EANM,
herewith announces their 2021 webinar series with the theme:
Nuclear Medicine Radiation Protection
SAFE THE DATES !!
Content and registration links will be available at www.efrs.eu/webinars from the 19th of January
All webinars start at 20.00 hrs Central European Time (check your time zone)
- Radiation Risk communication for paediatric NM patients 24/02/2021
- Radiation Protection in SIRT procedures 24/03/2021
- Equine Bone Scanning: Radiation protection measures 14/04/2021
- Gallium-68 PSMA: Practical Radiation Protection measures 28/04/2021
EFRS Nuclear Medicine Expert committee:
Rodrigo Garcia Gorga
Webinar 1: Radiation Risk Communication for Paediatric Patients in Nuclear Medicine
Date: Wednesday 24th February 2021 Time: 20:00 CET
Ana Geão, Chair, EFRS Nuclear Medicine Committee
Joana Santos, Medical Imaging and Radiotherapy Department Coimbra Health School, Polytechnic Institute of Coimbra, Portugal
Ana Isabel Santos, Director of the Nuclear Medicine Department, Hospital Garcia De Orta, Portugal
1. To outline the risks/benefits of nuclear medicine examinations in paediatric patients.
2. To consider the role of the nuclear medicine radiographer / technologist in radiation risk communication.
3. To learn about how radiation risks versus benefits can be communicated to paediatric patients.
4. To discuss if written consent should be sought when performing nuclear medicine examinations on paediatric patients.
Webinar 2: Radiation Protection in Selective Internal Radiation Therapy (SIRT) Procedures
Date: Wednesday 24th March 2021 Time: 20:00 CET
Tiina Taatila, EFRS Nuclear Medicine Committee and Department of Nuclear Medicine, Pirkanmaa Hospital District and Tampere University of Applied Sciences, Finland
Andrea Santos, Chair, EANM Technologists Committee Nuclear Medicine and Nuclear Medicine Department, Hospital CUF Descobertas, Lisbon, Portugal
Nadine Napoli, Medical Imaging Department, Mater Dei Hospital, Malta
Christelle Terwinghe, Clinical Trial Coordinator in Nuclear Medicine, UZ Leuven, Belgium
1. To outline the clinical benefit evidence about the safety and efficacy of SIRT.
2. To consider the radiation doses that adult patients receive in SIRT.
3. To learn about the role of the nuclear medicine radiographer / technologist during SIRT procedures.
4. To discuss what radiation protection measures can be implemented during SIRT.
Webinar 3: Radiation Protection Measures in Equine Bone Scanning
Date: Wednesday 14th April 2021 Time: 20:00 CET
Karen Borg Grima, EFRS Nuclear Medicine Committee and Department of Radiography, University of Malta, Malta
Federica Cantatore, Resident of American College of Equine Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation, Pool House Equine Clinic, Lichfield, United Kingdom
Joanne Weekes, Consultant Radiographer in Nuclear Medicine, The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust, United Kingdom
1. To outline the role of nuclear medicine in equine bone scanning.
2. To consider the personnel radiation hazards involved when performing equine bone scanning.
3. To learn about the radioactive waste management required in equine bone scanning.
4. To discuss how to improve staff radiation protection measures.
Webinar 4: Gallium-68 Prostate-Specific Membrane Antigen (PSMA): Practical Radiation Protection Measures
Date: Wednesday 28th April 2021 Time: 20:00 CET
Shauna Murphy, EFRS Nuclear Medicine Committee / School of Medicine, University College Dublin, Ireland
Helen Ryder, Diagnostic Imaging, St James’s University Hospital Dublin, Ireland
Pedro Costa, College of Health and Technology, Polytechnic Institute of Porto, Portugal
1. To outline the clinical use of Gallium-68 PSMA.
2. To consider the radiation exposure of nuclear medicine personnel during Gallium-68 PSMA procedures.
3. To learn about the organ absorbed doses of patients undergoing a Gallium-68 PSMA procedure.
4. To discuss optimisation of staff and patient radiation doses during Gallium-68 PSMA procedures.